Skip to content Passports - Grundy County, Iowa

Welcome to the Grundy County Auditor's Office

706 G Avenue
Grundy Center, IA 50638
Telephone: 319-824-3122
Fax: 319-824-6098

Rhonda R. Deters, County Auditor
[email protected]

Rebecca R. Hager, Deputy Auditor
Elections, Payroll Administrator
[email protected]

Angie Martin, Deputy Auditor
Accounts Payable, Elections
[email protected]

Janell M. Ramsey, Deputy Auditor
Real Estate, Tax Levies
[email protected]


In order to obtain a first-time passport, an applicant needs to fill out an Application for a U.S. Passport, Click Here  to download the application or Click Here to fill the form online. The applicant may then deliver the application together with a citizenship document, such as a certified birth certificate or a naturalization certificate; an identification document, such as a valid driver's license; and a passport photo. Photos can also be taken in the Auditor's Office for a fee of $10.00. A passport book is valid for ten years. The cost is $110.00 for an adult plus a $35.00 execution fee.

Also available is a passport card designed for people to use when entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. If traveling by airplane, you must have a passport book, but if you are crossing the border by car, you may use the passport card. The fee for just the passport card is $30.00 and is wallet size.

Please bring the following documents when you apply for your passport:

Applicants over 16 years of age:

  • original birth certificate or certified copy. (Certified copies may be obtained from the County Recorder of the County and State in which you were born) (Not a document from the hospital in which you were born)
  • Photocopy of birth certificate
  • Driver's license or other form of identification
  • Check or money order (US State Dept. will not accept credit cards or cash)
  • Check, money order, or cash for the processing fee, and photograph (if no legitimate photo is provided)

Minors under age 16:

In addition to the above, except driver's license, the following:

  • Both parents must be present or one parent present and one parent having provided a notarized consent
  • Drivers' licenses of parents (or copy of front and back if providing a consent)

You may get your passport in the Auditor's office Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you have any questions you can call the office at 319-824-3122, or you may visit Travel.State.Gov for additional passport and international travel information.