Treasurer's Responsibilities include
- The issuance of vehicle titles and registrations and the collection of all vehicle fees for residents of Grundy County. Annually we process thousands of vehicle transactions, respond to many telephone inquiries, provide service to walk-in customers to the office, collect over 3.5 million dollars.
- The issuance or renewal for the Iowa Department of Transportation of over 5000 driver’s licenses. Administering driving and written tests, including Commercial testing, and Department of Transportation re-examinations as needed.
- The collection of property taxes for over 12,000 parcels, all mobile home tax, all special assessments by the numerous taxing entities and other miscellaneous tax parcels totaling more than $16,000,000. We respond to many tax inquiries each year from property owners, financial institutions, real estate agents, abstractors and appraisers. The administer of the Iowa Property Tax Credit Program and conduct the annual tax sale for the collection of delinquent taxes.
- The receipting and recording of all funds collected by the various county departments.
- The financial administration and services for banking, cash management and investments. Distribution of collections to schools, cities and all other taxing agencies