Skip to content Veteran Affairs - Grundy County, Iowa

Welcome to the Grundy County Veteran Affairs Office

Janetta Miller-Buck, Veterans Service Officer
706 H Ave
Grundy Center, IA  50638

Hours:     8:00am - 4:30pm        Monday
               8:00am - 2:00pm        Tuesday and Thursday


Ph: 319-825-4952

Click here to email: 

Veterans Affairs Commission:

William Beyer |  | Carl Huber  |  |  Gary James  

The Veteran Affairs Commission

Veteran Designation May Now Be Placed on Iowa Driver's License or Non-Operator ID Cards. An honorably discharged veteran can present a copy of their DD214 to the Driver's License Clerk to get the "Veteran" designation on their license. For more information you can contact the Grundy County Veterans Affairs Administrator at 319-825-4952.


New Legislation related to Veterans and people who help them with benefits.  New legislation in House File 414 requires all private individuals or businesses offering to help veterans get their benefits for a fee must give all prospective clients a written statement disclosing that a veteran may apply for these same services at no charge through a local service organization or County Veteran Affairs Office. Before entering into an agreement or contract, the veteran must sign a veteran disclosure statement.  The statement has been coordinated with the Consumer Protections Division, Iowa Department of Justice.  To see House File 414 CLICK HERE.

Honor a Veteran: The Iowa Secretary of State has a new program to honor veterans. If you leave a message on the site, you'll recieve a lapel pin. Please take a moment to check out this website:


The Veteran Affairs Commission

The Veteran Affairs Commission provides assistance to all qualifying veterans and their dependents in applying for federal benefits and other related programs or matters:

  • VA Medical Care – Health care and medications
  • Compensation – Monthly benefit for injury incurred or aggravated by service (no time limit)
  • Pension – Income based financial assistance programs for veterans
  • Housebound/Aid & Attendance – Additional benefit to pension based on health care needs
  • Iowa Veterans Home
  • Military Records – obtaining and upgrading
  • Burial Benefits & Grave Markers
  • Educational Benefits
  • Home Loan Benefits

The Veterans Affairs Commission provides emergency assistance for qualifying veterans (pursuant to Iowa Code 250) with financial hardships and maintains Grave Registration for all persons who served in the armed forces of the United States whose remains rest in Grundy County, Iowa.